Free Devotional! Teaching Organization
Focus: 1 Corinthins 14:40
“But all things should be done decently and in order” (ESV).
Sea Kids Story
Susie sometimes lacks organization. When faced with a pile of dishes, a messy bedroom, and losing an important homework assignment, Susie asks Jesus for help and prays for her sick mother to come home healed. When she finds her homework, she is relieved and decides to be obedient, doing all her chores. Jesus helps her to change her attitude and also heals her mother. She learns there are consequences for disobedience and rewards for obedience and she is thankful that the Lord answered her prayers to heal her mother.
Watch and Read Together
Pure Flix offers a free trial, where you can get all 26 Sea Kids episodes! Watch Sea Kids episode, “Cleanliness Is Next to Godliness.” Then, read Hebrews 6:10.
It is easy to be messy. It takes no effort to throw clothes on the floor or leave dishes in the sink. But God has blessed you with many things, and it is wise that you take care of those things and wiser to listen to your parents’ instructions. How would you feel if you were sick and no one helped you? Remember when you help your parents, and when you listen and obey, you are obeying the Lord.
Answer these questions together. Have an open and honest discussion and learn how each family member can be respectful to each other and other people, as God’s word directs.
- Are you messy sometimes? How can you be a better helper at home?
- Do you do your chores when you are asked? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Apostle Paul wrote that things should be done decently and in order?
- What would you like to ask Jesus to help you with today?
Finally, Pray Together!
Set a time each day to pray, asking the Holy Spirit to fill you with the Fruit of the Spirit.
- As you pray for the Holy Spirit to fill you, look for opportunities to exhibit, in your actions, one Fruit, in particular, that day and another fruit the next day, until you have exhibited each Fruit of God’s Holy Spirit.