Fun & Easy Activity to Help Children Organize
Sort and Create!
(Organization & Creating Prayer Bracelets)
Takeaway & Memory Verse
When I am organized, I help others and please the Lord.
“Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.” Colossians 3:23-24 (ESV)
- Bag of assorted large beads
- Large bowl (big enough to hold all beads)
- Small bowls/mason jars/containers (1 for each color of beads)
- Gather items and have them ready to use.
- Before the activity, an adult will pour all the beads into the large bowl. Then, cut strings long enough to make a bracelet and tie a bead to the end of each string. Make one per person.
Who loves creating new things? Allow kids to respond. We are all going to create bracelets, but we need to organize the beads first.
All of these beads are mixed together. We need to sort them by color before we can make our bracelets. Can we work together to organize the beads? Allow kids to respond. Once we organize them by color, it will be so much easier to choose the colors of beads we want for our bracelets.
You can choose to talk about this section while you make the bracelets. Today’s Takeaway says, “When I am organized, I help others and please the Lord.” Say that with me. Lead them in saying the takeaway.
Our God is a God of order. When He created the world and everything in it, He gave it all a purpose. Nothing was by accident or chance.
Can you imagine what it would be like if your noses were on the bottom of your feet? How could you smell things? God put your noses in the center of your faces for a reason. Aren’t you glad we serve an organized God?
- Work together to sort the beads by color into the small bowls/containers. Help younger kids by saying the colors as you sort.
- Once they sort the beads, give each person a string with a bead tied on the end. Then, allow everyone to choose the beads they would like to put on their bracelets.
- Help younger kids string the beads in the order they choose. Encourage older kids to come up with a pattern and string their beads.
- When the kids finish creating their bracelets, help them tie the bracelet off.
Have fun wearing your new creation!