Free Devotional Teaching Importance of Being Kind
Focus: Galatians 5:22
“But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness…” (ESV).
Sea Kids Story
David is not happy having a new babysitter. He convinces Carter to misbehave and they are not kind to her. The new babysitter exhibits the Fruit of patience and kindness when she comes back again to babysit, even though the boys were mean to her. David prays to Jesus, asking for forgiveness, and they all enjoy a huge banana split together as a peace offering.
Watch and Read Together
Pure Flix offers a free trial, where you can get all 26 Sea Kids episodes! Watch Sea Kids episode, “The New Babysitter” Then, read 1 Colossians 3:12.
Sometimes, it is hard to accept change, especially when you are happy with the way things are. Have you ever found yourself sad or angry because something has changed? Maybe you had to move into a new house, attend a new school, or make new friends? Making new friends can be scary. You may think, “Will they like me?” “Will they be nice?” Remember, Jesus made new friends wherever he went. Some people liked Jesus and other people did not. But Jesus remained kind and loving. Just be yourself and always be kind.
Answer these questions together. Have an open and honest discussion and learn how each family member can be respectful to each other and other people, as God’s word directs.
- What fun things do you do when you have a babysitter?
- How do you treat a new babysitter or new friend?
- What do you know about the Fruit of the Spirit?
- What is your favorite Fruit of the Spirit? Why is it your favorite?
Finally, Pray Together!
Set a time each day to pray, asking the Holy Spirit to fill you with the Fruit of the Spirit.
- As you pray for the Holy Spirit to fill you, look for opportunities to exhibit, in your actions, one Fruit, in particular, that day and another fruit the next day, until you have exhibited each Fruit of God’s Holy Spirit.