Free Truthfulness Devotional
Focus: 3 John 1:4
“I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth” (ESV).
Sea Kids Story
David and Christian both lose their favorite soccer balls. David finds Christian’s ball and claims it as his own. When David sees how sad Christian is, David prays to Jesus for guidance to do what is right. Christian finds David’s ball and returns it to him. Having remorse, David prays to Jesus again and realizes the right thing to do is to return Christian’s ball and tell him the truth. Christian accepts David’s apology and the two play a fun game of soccer with the other sea kids!
Watch and Read Together
Pure Flix offers a free trial, where you can get all 26 Sea Kids episodes! Watch Sea Kids episode, “Once Lost, Now Found.” Then, read Proverbs 12:22, and Deuteronomy 5:33.
Two of God’s Ten Commandments are “Do not steal” and “Do not lie,” and they are important. How do you feel when someone takes something away from you and keeps it without your permission? What about if someone lies to you? It’s not a good feeling to be stolen from or lied to. God gives us all we need and what we want according to His perfect and pleasing will. When the devil tempts you to take what doesn’t belong to you, say a prayer to Jesus, asking Him to guide you. It is so important to be grateful for what we have and to tell the truth – always!
Answer these questions together. Have an open and honest discussion and learn how each family member can be respectful to each other and other people, as God’s word directs.
- Which Bible verses can you think of that would help you to remember not to steal or lie?
- What does Deuteronomy 5:33 mean to you?
- How would you feel if your friend stole something from you or lied to you?
- What is the first thing you should do when you are about to commit a sin?
Finally, Pray Together!
Set a time each day to pray, asking the Holy Spirit to fill you with the Fruit of the Spirit.
- As you pray for the Holy Spirit to fill you, look for opportunities to exhibit, in your actions, one Fruit, in particular, that day and another fruit the next day, until you have exhibited each Fruit of God’s Holy Spirit.