Free Devotional Teaching Children Stewardship
Focus: Deuteronomy 10:14
“Behold, to the Lord your God belong heaven and the heaven of heavens, the earth with all that is in it” (ESV).
Sea Kids Story
Freddy is a litterbug. Melissa warns Freddy that it is wrong to litter God’s world. When Marcus slam dunks garbage into Freddy’s backpack, Freddy becomes upset and realizes what God feels like when garbage is thrown on His earth. He prays to Jesus, asking Jesus to help him be a good example for others. Freddy amazes his friends with his basketball skills by slam dunking trash into the garbage can. Freddy was happy to use his talents in service for the Lord.
Watch and Read Together
Pure Flix offers a free trial, where you can get all 26 Sea Kids episodes! Watch Sea Kids episode, “This Is My Father’s World” Then, read Deuteronomy 10:14 and Psalm 24:1-2.
God’s world is beautiful. God loves when we are good stewards of his earth by keeping it clean. Would you like it if someone came into your room and threw trash on the floor? Well, God does not like it when people throw trash on the grass and litter in the streets. Sometimes trash can hurt the animals on land and in the sea. Trash is stinky and carries germs. Give glory to God by taking care of his wonderful earth.
Answer these questions together. Have an open and honest discussion and learn how each family member can be respectful to each other and other people, as God’s word directs.
- Why do you think people throw their garbage on the ground and not in the garbage can?
- What would happen if everyone threw their garbage on the ground?
- What happens to animals who accidentally eat garbage, thinking it’s food?
- How can you help to keep God’s earth clean and safe?
Finally, Pray Together!
Set a time each day to pray, asking the Holy Spirit to fill you with the Fruit of the Spirit.
- As you pray for the Holy Spirit to fill you, look for opportunities to exhibit, in your actions, one Fruit, in particular, that day and another fruit the next day, until you have exhibited each Fruit of God’s Holy Spirit.