Free Devotional Teaching Children Integrity
Focus: Psalm 119:11
“I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you” (ESV).
Sea Kids Story
David gets a new comic book and neglects to read his Bible. When his teacher announces that there will be a Bible quiz and a prize for the highest score, he takes a copy of the answer sheet without permission and memorizes the answers. When the class laughs at his answers, he learns the teacher changed the quiz. He prays to Jesus for forgiveness and creates a comic notebook to help him remember what he read in his Bible. In the end, he learns to have integrity in everything he does.
Watch and Read Together
Pure Flix offers a free trial, where you can get all 26 Sea Kids episodes! Watch Sea Kids episode, “Bible Challenge.” Then, read Psalm 119:11 and Philippians 3:14.
Have you ever been so excited about something that you forget to do something important? Sometimes, you might be so consumed in a book you like or a video game you play that you may neglect important things in life, like reading your Bible. It is important to read the Bible every day. God wants you to learn and know His word because He loves you and does not want you to sin. If you do not remember God’s word, how will you know how not to sin? Also, be honest and work hard, showing others you have integrity.
Answer these questions together. Have an open and honest discussion and learn how each family member can be respectful to each other and other people, as God’s word directs.
- Why is it important to know God’s word?
- What do you do to help you remember what Jesus says in the Bible?
- Do you spend more time on other things than you do reading your Bible? If you do, what are those things?
- What does having integrity mean to you?
Finally, Pray Together!
Set a time each day to pray, asking the Holy Spirit to fill you with the Fruit of the Spirit.
- As you pray for the Holy Spirit to fill you, look for opportunities to exhibit, in your actions, one Fruit, in particular, that day and another fruit the next day, until you have exhibited each Fruit of God’s Holy Spirit.