Free Acceptance Devotional for Children
Focus: 1 Timothy 4:7
“Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness;” (ESV).
Sea Kids Story
Marcus tells Freddy a lie about Slim in order to win the game against Blue Ocean School. Freddy spreads the rumor about Slim and the boys run away every time he comes near them. Slim prays to Jesus, asking for help as he thinks the boys don’t like him. The boys realize it’s a lie and that they should be kind to each other. The boys become friends with Slim and learn the importance of acceptance as well as how hurtful it can be to tell lies.
Watch and Read Together
Pure Flix offers a free trial, where you can get all 26 Sea Kids episodes! Watch Sea Kids episode, “A Shocking Fib.” Then, read Ephesians 4:32.
Did you know a fib is a lie? It is hard to trust someone when they lie because you never know when they are telling the truth. It’s like the story of the boy who cried wolf. He cried there was a wolf many times when there wasn’t one. So, when the wolf came to town and he cried wolf, no one listened to him because they thought he was lying. Always be trustworthy. When people trust you, they will want you to be on their team and be their friend. You can always trust Jesus as Jesus and God are true and trustworthy!
Answer these questions together. Have an open and honest discussion and learn how each family member can be respectful to each other and other people, as God’s word directs.
- How can telling a lie about someone be dangerous?
- What does it mean to be tenderhearted?
- What should you do if someone tells you a lie?
- How can you help your friends learn about acceptance?
Finally, Pray Together!
Set a time each day to pray, asking the Holy Spirit to fill you with the Fruit of the Spirit.
- As you pray for the Holy Spirit to fill you, look for opportunities to exhibit, in your actions, one Fruit, in particular, that day and another fruit the next day, until you have exhibited each Fruit of God’s Holy Spirit.